21 Jun 2021
Webinar on “Design Thinking for Civil Engineers”
School: Civil Engineering
Venue: Online (MS-Teams)
Timing: 11.00A.M-12.00 P.M
Description of the event
It is a webinar on Design Thinking for civil was organized by School of Civil Engineering in association with University Industry Interaction Center (UIIC), REVA University for all UG students of civil engineering. The Resource persons are Prof. B.A Patil, Founder & Director (R&D), Think & Ink Education and Research Foundation. Resource person is having vast experience in the field of Design Thinking, Inclusive Designs, Structural Mechanics, Fault analysis, system modelling, smart structures with health monitoring for 30+years, about 120 students were attended the webinar.
1. Mr. Jayachandra
We would like to thank our beloved Chancellor Dr. P. Shyama Raju Sir for providing all facility and support to conduct such programmes. We also thank Vice Chancellor Dr. M. Dhanamjaya , Registrar for their motivation to conduct Webinar.
We also thank our Director, School of Civil Dr. Y Ramalinga Reddy Sir, Dr. Kiran Kumari Patil madam, Director, UIIC, Assistant Director Prof. Rajashekar S L for their constant support and guidance. We also thank all the faculties and technical staffs of School of Civil Engineering for their support.
Objectives of Webinar
• To impart knowledge on design thinking process for understanding designs.
• To provide design skills to analyze design thinking issues and apply the tools and techniques of design.
• To inculcate attitude to solve societal problems using design thinking tools.
Outcomes of Workshop
• Identify the problems that fall under the purview of human centered design process for creative problem solving.
• Create empathy maps to visualize user attitudes and Develop innovative products or services for a customer base using ideation techniques
• Build simple prototypes for problems using gathered user requirements.
• Improve prototype by testing it with a specific set of users for making it sustainable by following ethics.