Health and well being have always been accorded priority in Indian culture and traditions. The health of individuals makes the society and nation healthy and prosperous.
Physiotherapy is an allied health profession, which emphasizes the use of physical agents in the management of diseases, prevention & rehabilitation of disabling conditions. Physiotherapy deals with problems particularly those associated with Neuromuscular, Musculo-skeletal and Cardio-vascular & Respiratory systems. The therapeutic methods are based essentially on manual therapy, electro therapy and use of other physical agents.
Physiotherapy has an unlimited potential in providing assistance and support to the poor and the disadvantaged sections of the society. It is being optimally utilized to restore mobility in patients and promote speedy recovery in post-surgery, injuries and diseases.
This specialized field is increasingly finding application across a wide spectrum of sectors for rehabilitation and pain alleviation.
The Bachelor of Physiotherapy is an Allied Health specialty program that deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases/disorders through the evaluation and treatment procedures. As important members of the health care group, physiotherapists play an important role in collecting the information required to provide the best care to an ill or injured patient. In this programme, the students learn to perform evaluation and management procedures that aid in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
A Physiotherapist is trained to assess, plan and provide therapeutic services to the individual with sensory and motor deficits. After successful completion of the course, a student can seek placement as a physiotherapist in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, Physiotherapy clinics and as a faculty in the concerned subject etc. The avenues for higher studies & research are also there. The specialization in physiotherapy in the area of Orthopaedics, neurology, Paediatrics, sports, rehabilitation, cardio respiratory physiotherapy etc. are available. Specialized techniques in the field of manual therapy & electrotherapy etc. are coming up.
REVA UNIVERSITY has designed to offer Bachelor of Physiotherapy degree programme towards human health care assessment and management of diseases/ disorders to contribute towards a healthy nation.
The Bachelor of Physiotherapy programme has been planned and designed after a detailed study and interactions with various universities, research establishments and stake holders.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The programme educational objectives of the Bachelor of Physiotherapy course is to prepare graduates to:
Demonstrate problem solving skills in performing routine Physiotherapy evaluation and treatment procedures by communicating effectively with the patient or either leading a team or as a team member in a clinical facility.
Express oral and written interpersonal skills as part of the health care teams requirements to understand, learn and advance their careers through clinical care developments and seeking higher learning.
Understand the professional, ethical and social responsibilities through lifelong learning skills.
The overall objectives of the learning outcome-based curriculum framework for B Sc. Physiotherapy program are as follows-
- to use the fundamental knowledge and clinical competence in Physiotherapy as and when required to achieve professional excellence.
- to demonstrate strong and well defined clinical and practical skills in Physiotherapy.
- to practice the profession with highly professional and ethical attitude, strong communication skills, and effective professional skills to work in an inter-disciplinary team.
- to use interpersonal and collaborative skills to identify, assess and formulate problems and execute the solution.
- to imbibe the culture of research, innovation, entrepreneurship and incubation.
- to participate in lifelong learning process for a highly productive career and will be able to relate the concepts of Physiotherapy towards serving the cause of the society.
The Programme Educational Objectives are to prepare the students:
(i) a fundamental and systematic knowledge and understanding of an academic field of study as a whole and its applications, and links to related disciplinary areas/subjects of study; including a critical understanding of the established theories, principles and concepts, and of a number of advanced and emerging issues in the field of Physiotherapy.
(ii) Procedural knowledge that creates different types of professionals related to the Physiotherapy, including research and development, teaching and in government and public service;
(iii) Professional and communication skills in the domain of Physiotherapy, including a critical understanding of the latest developments, and an ability to use established techniques in the domain of Physiotherapy.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge about Physiotherapy, including current research, scholarly, and/or professional literature, relating to essential and advanced learning areas pertaining to the field of study, and techniques and skills required for identifying problems and issues.
- Demonstrate skills in
i) identifying the issues in health care needs;
ii) collection of quantitative and/or qualitative data relevant to client’s needs and professional practice;
iii) analysis and interpretation of data using methodologies as appropriate for formulating evidence-based hypotheses and solutions
- Use knowledge, understanding and skills for critical assessment of a wide range of ideas and complex problems and issues relating to Physiotherapy
- Communicate appropriately with all stakeholders, and provide relevant information to the members of the healthcare team
- Address one’s own learning needs relating to current and emerging areas of study, making use of research, development and professional materials as appropriate, including those related to new frontiers of knowledge
- Apply one’s disciplinary knowledge and transferable skills to new/unfamiliar contexts and to identify and analyse problems and issues and seek solutions to real- life problems.