Cyber security is concerned with protecting systems, networks, and programs from digital attacks. The attacks involve accessing, modifying and sharing private data about a person or an organisation. The course discusses how people, process and technology together find solutions to provide security from these digital attacks.
Quantum computers will be capable of solving complex problems. This includes solving the algorithms associated with cryptography which is part of cyber security. The course covers some of the basic topics of quantum computing.
After successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Analyse and evaluate the cyber security needs of an organisation in terms of people, process, and technology to be employed to provide security and privacy.
- Conduct a cyber-security risk assessment by diagnosing attacks on an organisation’s computer systems and networks.
- Apply business principles to analyse and interpret data for planning, decision-making, and problem-solving in an information security environment.
- Define and implement the security controls and policies sufficient to provide a required level of confidentiality, integrity, and availability in an organisation’s computer systems and networks and finally develop a security architecture for an organisation.
- Provide contingency operations that include administrative planning processes for incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning within information security.
- Describe ethical, legal, and social issues and responsibilities related to computing.
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Architecture and Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
- Quantum theory to Information Technologies
- Single qubit
- Bipartite quantum systems
- Quantum computing
- Quantum communication
Textbooks & Supporting Literature
- David Sutton, “Cyber Security-The complete guide to cyber threats and protection”, Second Edition, BCS-The Chartered Institute for IT.
- Bhagvan Kommadi,”Quantum Computing Solutions, 2021, Apress.